After mixing the sealer inside a 55-gallon drum, it's now time to get your asphalt sealcoating machine ready. Follow these instructions to a T for a hassle-free operation.
Check These First!
Here's a checklist of things you should do after mixing your asphalt sealcoating.
- Inspect if the engine has enough oil.
- Make sure that the machine has enough gas. We only recommended unleaded gas for all Asphalt Kingdom engines. Refrain from using other types of fuel or stale gas as this will cause problems in the engine.
- Check the drain plugs to prevent any leaks.
- Make sure that the lower ball valve is closed (the handle should be non-parallel to the machine's ball valve).
- Open the top valve to ensure that the sealer is ready for circulation.
Related: How to Mix Asphalt Sealer in 55-Gallon Drums
Filling the Sealcoat Tank with Sealer
- Remove the plug from the sealcoat tank's transfer port along with its pins. Next, remove the camlock and the plug.
- Take your transfer hose and fasten its male end to the transfer port.
- Secure the camlock to prevent leaking.
- Raise the female end of the transfer hose above the level of the pump. Now you can prime the pump and hose by filling them with water from a garden hose. Stop when the hose is full. Now, connect the female end of the transfer hose into your drum attachment.
- Start the engine to transfer the sealer from the drum to the sealcoat tank. Once you're ready, start applying the asphalt coating.
- Make sure to clean any drips on the back of your truck and anywhere else before you go.
- Seal up the transfer hose to prevent it from drying out.
- Any remaining sealer can be reused next time. Keep it inside the drum and make sure to keep contaminants out by putting the lid back on. Hose the drum kit (while the sealer is still wet) down to keep it clean.
Looking for the best deals on sealcoating equipment or crack filling supplies? Then you've come to the right place. Give us a call at 1-866-399-5562 or reach us at email@example.com.