When cases of COVID-19 (Corona Virus Infectious Disease) rapidly multiplied, certain steps were implemented that greatly impacted how we go through with our daily lives and how we run our businesses.
Lockdowns and quarantines were implemented, social and physical distancing were encouraged, most businesses were mandated to close until further notice, and hours of business operation were altered (for those that are deemed essential). All of these steps were taken in an effort to prevent the disease from spreading even further.
We understand the struggle of keeping a semblance of normalcy to your sealcoating and asphalt maintenance business, despite these recent changes. With Google My Business, you can keep repeat customers and potential new clients updated of the status of your business.
Update your information using Google My Business
If you have an account or a business listing on Google My Business, update your profile and provide relevant information. Creating a COVID-19 post also helps ensure that your customers get to notice your updates better.
Here are the steps on how to update your business listings:
- On your computer, go to google.com/business and sign in.
- If you have multiple offices or branches, choose the location you want to update.
- Click on “Info” (found on the left-hand side panel) and choose the information you want to update. Click on the pencil icon to start editing.
- If you need to mark your business for temporary closure, look for the “Mark as Temporarily Closed” option on the right-hand side of the screen and click it. Click “OK” once the confirmation box pops up.
Tip: To remove the temporary closure status, just click on the “Mark as Open” option and click “OK” to confirm.
- If you need to remove information that are no longer relevant or applicable, just click the “X” icon beside it.
- Make sure to click “Apply” after each change you made. Note that after each edit, the status next to that information will show up as “Under Review.”
Tip: To update information for 10 or more locations of the same business, you can edit or upload in bulk.
What should your edits contain?
Now that you know how to update your business information on Google My Business, the next step is to make sure that the information you provide are relevant and important.
1. Update your hours of operation
Consider this as high-priority. Specify any changes or differences from your usual business hours. This is to ensure that your customers know whether you are open for business or not. Update the information regularly – whether it is daily, weekly, or as needed.
2. Manage your business information
Whether there are changes in business hours or temporary closures, provide information so your customers would know when or where to reach you. Update phone numbers and email addresses, as needed. If you are expecting slight changes in job schedule due to travel restrictions in your area, we also suggest that you communicate this information clearly and directly.
3. For Temporary Closures
If your business has to close temporarily due to state or local restrictions, provide information regarding the following:
- Contact numbers, emails, messaging options, and/or hotlines for existing and potential customers who might have scheduled jobs that are affected by these implemented regulations;
- A projected date (and time, if available) when you’ll get to reopen;
- Or, if your business is available on multiple cities or states, provide information on which branches and offices are open or closed.
We may not be able to physically give you a hand (physical distancing, remember?), but we are continuously finding ways to help you keep your business organized especially during these trying times. If you have any questions, just get in touch with us at 1-866-399-5562 or email at email@example.com. We are standing by to provide you our assistance!